Pull-Ups® Big Kid App
Compatible with: iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 6.0 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5)
The makers of Pull-Ups® has created a potty training app to help your little one transition from diapers, to training pants, and ultimately to using the toilet effectively. Pull-Ups® created a previous potty training app, iGoPotty, but this latest invention is a bit more creative as it has 3D technology, not to mention Disney characters! The new Pull-Ups® Big Kid App, helps aid in potty training, but it is also a fun and interactive way for your little one to be entertained in the process. This can make the overall experience easier on both you and your child. The underlying theme is to make a party out of potty time. Some of the features include:
- Interactivity – Equipped with a photo you take of your child, you can create a captured moment of success by framing the photo with Disney characters.
- Potty Reminders and Reward Calls – You and your “big kid” can select a Disney character to call them with potty reminders. Reward calls can also be made after using the potty from a Disney character of choice. Furthermore the app is equipped with a “Big Kid Timer”, which counts down to the next potty break.
- Tracking Progress – This wouldn’t be as useful of an app without this feature. It provides a snapshot of how your child is doing with a starboard. Stars are collected upon potty training achievements. Stars can be earned in order to unlock more games.
- Reward for Success – When training is successfully completed; a potty party celebration takes place featuring Buzz Lightyear and Minnie Mouse. Take a picture of your child and make them the center of attention at the potty party!
- Potty Training Extras – The extras are full of amusing tools including games, sound effects and music that feature Disney’s: Buzz Lightyear, Minnie Mouse, Rapunzel, Mickey Mouse, Cinderella, and Woody, to sustain your child’s motivation and interest. The Big Kid App provides complete access to all other previous Pull-Ups® apps, so there is a hearty selection of songs and videos to view.
- Bonus for parents – Included in the app are helpful hints and tips from other potty training parent and articles from experts in the field to help create and maintain an effective potty routine.
This app was reviewed because, for a free app, this is a great resource. There are other potty training apps on the market for purchase that have higher ratings based on user reviews. For instance, See Me Go Potty by AvaKid Productions is a highly rated app for a price of $4.99. Though a little pricy an avatar that resembles your child can be created. My advice: Experiment with apps that fit your and your child’s style.
Recommended for toddlers.
(Vanessa, Davis Library)
Print this entry